Window Repair & Replacement Evaluation and Report Services
- Evaluate the condition of existing windows and window systems.
- When required, retain a waterproofing contractor to assist with scaffolding or swing stage rigging, site review, and destructive investigation during the evaluation process.
- Work with Client to identify building locations to install swing stage rigging or temporary scaffolding and perform destructive investigations.
- Work with site representatives to obtain copies of existing architectural design drawings.
- Provide on-site coordination and observation of investigative procedures performed at the direction of the Consultant in conjunction with the contractor.
- Examine, identify, and document vertical wall materials, window systems, waterproofing systems, installation details, and related exterior features.
- Perform destructive investigation and removal of portions of the existing wall system at exterior of windows to analyze conditions and determine requirements for window repair or new window system installation.
- Remove interior wall materials at windows and areas of moisture penetration to identify existing wall conditions, identify requirements for window repair or replacement, and establish procedures to perform waterproofing repairs, window repairs, and/or new window installation.
- Prepare a report documented with photographs to describe existing conditions and to outline recommendations.